First Lace Project and Summer Garment

So I finally finished the sweater I was working on. It only took me 10 weeks! Unfortunately for my blog (and you readers) I am pretty terrible with remembering to take pictures especially ones that look good and web/blog worthy. Plus, I haven't blocked the sweater yet, so although it's completed, it's not quite at it's final stage.

Several weeks ago I got a package from my aunt who is an avid knitter. We had chatted over email about knitting and I was excited to tell her about the sweater I was making. She was really excited about me getting into knitting and told me about some purple alpaca yarn she wanted to send me to make a scarf or mittens. I was really excited about that not only because it's great yarn but purple is my favorite color of all time. I gladly accepted her gift and thanked her (multiple times). The extra awesome surprise was she decided to send along a couple knitting books with her package. One is a stitch dictionary (woohoo!) which is great for getting ideas and switching up your plain garter or stockinette stitch into something a little snazzier. The other book is on Gansey's (also Guernsey's) which I started reading but I haven't started any projects on that yet.

So I'm very excited to have received these books and yarn, they will teach me new things and I'll definitely create something amazing out of the purple yarn. Since it's alpaca, I've actually set it aside for now because we've reached the summer months and it's just a little warm to be thinking about winter clothing. Instead, I've started my first lace project which is turning out nicely so far.
Pattern Page (Ravelry)
I got the white color because A) it's light and summery, B) didn't like the other colors, and C) if it every does get so dirty I can dye it a darker color. I haven't actually added it to my project page on ravelry yet, but I will. 
 I tried stretching it out a little to get a better sense of what it will look like. I've read that lace will look pretty funky until it's blocked so I'm holding judgments until I finish. I still think it looks pretty cool though.

I can't wait until I'm done with this since it is nice for summer weather. I also have pretty fair skin so I'm hoping it will help with not getting so sunburned every time I go outside.

Better get back to it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Busy Grad Student's Update on Life

Countdown to End of Line

Serene Saturday