Coffee, Cats, and Sunday Mornings

Sunday morning, rain is falling...

What's funny is that it's not actually raining, but it is Sunday morning. Maroon 5 has some good songs, I used to listen to them a lot, in high school. Now a days I'm a Pandora-er (Pandora.com) and it's pretty great. Currently my favorite stations are "Celtic genre", "Deadmau5", or my good old "classical" station. It is true, the commercials you have to listen through can get old (because it's usually the same one), but since I'm not quite the music connoisseur it's nice to have Pandora's suggestions.

Currently I'm choosing the "Silent" station brought to you by the absence of any electronic device making noise. For 9:40am it's a little early and I have my coffee to keep me company anyway. Today will be busy, there's homework to get done of course. Right now is nice though; the morning time after you've woken up but before your brain has clicked on. I'm somewhat of a candle person and so this morning I have the laptop I'm typing on, my coffee at my side, and some candles burning, and it is just nice. The low light of the day coming through the curtain keeps me separated from the outside until I'm really ready to start my day. Then, I can open the curtains so my plants get light and I can see and hear what's going on outside.

I saw some pictures this morning on the nets of pink and purple sunsets and sunrises. Pictures like those make me wish I lived somewhere absolutely beautiful so I could wake up in the morning and have huge sky or mountains or forest out my window when I open those curtains. That would be amazing. I also just hung out with a friend Friday night who has a cat and she was the most fun. I miss having a cat around and cannot wait until I'm living somewhere longer than a year so I can possibly get one. Plus I just saw the show "Too Cute" on Animal Planet highlighting kittens...sigh, they really make that show about cute kittens and it's pretty fun to watch them. They do some slow motion which is neat, seeing how cats jump around, their hind legs pushing them into the air and then helping them to land.
So, imagine living somewhere awe-inspiring, coffee (or your hot beverage of choice), and a curious cat walking at your feet or sitting by you totally content with your presence who only wants a pet or neck scratch when you take a brief moment. Also the table I'm sitting at is preferably a large wood one, where there's ton of space to spread out (when needed) and otherwise just a nice table for eating or working at.

10:07am, seems the world is moving more now and my coffee's almost out. Time to get some breakfast and get to work.

Can't wait for that "adult job" when I can have this kind of Sunday without having to get to work.

Comments

  1. Apparently, most cats have a routine which includes at least five "owners". So you just need to figure out how to lure some local moggy to your window sill. Admittedly, this could be a challenge if you live in a cliff dwelling apartment or hall of residence, but nil desperandum.

    When I delivered newspapers nearly half a century ago, there was a cat that used to sit on my shoulder when I got to the house that took the Jewish Chronicle. Not that that really ties in with the lazy Sunday theme, but I guess if you can't own and you can't laze, there are still options...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Busy Grad Student's Update on Life

Countdown to End of Line

Serene Saturday