Compliments of Merriam-Webster

pos·i·tive

adj.   \ˈpä-zə-tiv, ˈpäz-tiv\
8.  a : having a good effect : favorable <a positive role model> 
     b : marked by optimism <the positive point of view>
 
So, of recent, positive-ness is hard to find. Not really, but that's how it feels so often these days. I make it a point to try and stay positive when those around me seem to be negative about everything they talk about. Or the people who complain a lot; I'm trying to consciously avoid vocalizing my complaints because:
a) most people probably don't care to hear them,
b) complaining brings the mood of the room down a notch or two and I don't want to be that person, and
c) complaining won't get me anywhere soo it should probably stay in my head anyway.
 
Plus! I've noticed more and more than when a group of people starts complaining about something, or being negative that it's a rapidly descending spiral that gets harder and harder to get out of. Check it out the next time you're around some people chatting, I bet it'll happen, if it doesn't then that's awesome and I want more people like that in my life. 
 
Onto the positive things!
 
Since this past weekend, I am incredibly excited about my work for school. I will be spending more hours a day every week for the next several weeks but doing stuff that I find pretty interesting. It's a learning opportunity and those are always great when you find them. In addition, my classes are still interesting which may sound lame but that's always something to ask yourself. If you're not enjoying class anymore then why are you there? A simple question with potential for complicated answers. I feel ready to move on but I know I haven't learned everything. The fact that the material I'm learning is still new and interesting shows that I'm not quite ready but getting closer. 
 
I have lots I want to accomplish on the "to-do" list such as:
  • read through class notes for further understanding
  • finish my knitting projects
  • read the rest of Ender's Game (good book so far, I recommend it)
  •  clean my apartment
  • find yummy meals to cook
The list goes on obviously. I will always find things to put on the "to-do" list. For now, I must focus my positive energy on the task at hand, which is pretty much school with a little bit of time for other adventures or crafts. 
 
It's getting pretty late, bedtime really, so this will be the end of this post. 
 
Wish I had some chocolate!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Busy Grad Student's Update on Life

Serene Saturday

Countdown to End of Line