Happy Hunger Games

I just got back from the new Hunger Games movie!! It was great, I liked A LOT. It's over 2 hours long, but it flies by. I've read the books, and of course there is more detail in those, but they did a great job putting this story on the big screen. All the characters fit, and match up pretty well with what I had in my mind as I read the books.
 Here's the poster which I'm sure almost everyone has seen by now. I'm incredibly excited about the next films for this trilogy. Yes, I know they say, "we're not sure if we're making the second or third yet", but let's be serious, this first one has made enough money alone to warrant the next two. It's made $155 million in North America the first weekend (that's last weekend btw) according to The New York Times and $152.5 million during the weekend according to The Hollywood Reporter. Either way, that's a ton of money, breaking records left and right the longer it's out in theaters.

If you haven't read the books I highly suggest them. If you don't feel like waiting to read them and want to see the movie, go ahead, it's awesome. The only reason I'd say to read the books is because once you finish the first book (or movie) you're going to want to start the next, and there's only the book form for that =)

Now, back to work!

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. The setting: The US after an "uprising" against the government, after which there are only 12 districts (large cities). District 1 is the Capital (gov.,high class,materialistic, etc) and on down to district 12 known for coal mining and poverty.

      Background: "The Hunger Games" are held every year as a reminder to citizens that uprisings are bad. 24 children (12-18), a girl/boy pair from each district are chosen, and let loose in an arena to fight for themselves. It's literally a fight to the death and winner is last one standing. The games are also broadcast across the districts as entertainment (reality tv).

      The Plot: A girl from district 12 volunteers (not common) to "play" in the games in place of her sister. The first book of this series is her adventure in the games and all the craziness that ensues.

      Long winded I know, but I really liked these books and the movie.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Busy Grad Student's Update on Life

Serene Saturday

Countdown to End of Line