Modular Monday

A module, in its simplest form, is "a self-contained component". It's a completely legitimate way to describe my Monday because if I don't treat my tasks as modules, my brain will probably explode. I have a problem with handling several tasks at once (or in a short period of time); instead of completing each thing as it comes at me, I think about ALL of them together and end up getting nothing done. SO, since this is the week before spring break I have a huge amount of work cut out for me (obvious to those who remember this week in their schooling). Each day this week will probably be terribly long, with little sleep, and a high intake of caffeine. Today in particular, I have my night class, 6:00-8:45pm, which isn't too bad but when you get home a little after 9:00 at night it makes that second wind a little tougher to engage. But, as I said, today will be split into modules. That way, I can focus on one thing at a time, get it done, and move onto the next.

In addition to the caffeine, I brewed some ginger tea this morning which is quite soothing in the afternoon when water just won't satisfy my taste buds. I'm all about hydration, especially if I'm sleep deprived, but I can only drink so much water until I just want a little flavor, a little something. The solution for that used to be these energy powder drinks which you just added to water, but those now give me a headache (cause: potentially too much b12/b6 vitamin). So, ginger tea is a good solution for now, as well as other teas. Whether or not this is proven I've heard that drinking room temperature or warmer liquids are better for your body than colder beverages. I feel warm drinks make studying/working at night more pleasant too. Something about the warmth gives me the feeling that I'm cozy and relaxed even though I have a mountain of work to get done.

Despite it being Monday, I want to keep my thoughts positive, and keep in mind that I will get a break as the end of the week. I will also keep in mind that once I'm on break, I can play Assassin's Creed guilt free and finally beat the first game! (I know I'm behind on them, but I'm catching up!)

Happy Modular Monday (Good luck everyone participating in JT's 7 day blog challenge)

Comments

  1. I can't multi-task, modularization is my compromise ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Busy Grad Student's Update on Life

Serene Saturday

Countdown to End of Line