Turbo Tuesday

Soo I was at the store earlier today, and found a pretty sweet deal: Buy 10 energy drinks for $0.69 ea. That's $6.90 for 10 cans or you could buy 4 cans for $7.18 (or something close to that). Of course I went for it with all the major deadlines coming up and finals not too far off either. It seems the energy drink companies have got it into their heads that not everyone wants carbonated drinks at 2am or cough syrup flavors.

With all this canned energy, I feel a little better about getting things done. Not that that's a good thing in any regard, these drinks are pretty bad for you, but I don't function well at night or on little sleep so these should help. Part of why energy drinks aren't good for you is because they pretty much keep your eyes open, they don't make your brain think any faster (so I'm told). It's really like playing a trick on yourself...maybe. On the one hand your brain thinks it's night time(~12:00am) and hence, bedtime. On the other hand, your eyes are popping out of their sockets ready to detect an ant on a dark colored carpet. What happens? Even if you try going to bed, you find yourself definitely NOT asleep. Staying up, your body is pumped for turbo time and it's telling you, "Let's gooo!! I'm ready for anything, no sleep? No problem!". I do believe in body and mind balancing together ALTHOUGH on energy drinks, the body tends to overpower and I feel the brain must follow en suit. For someone like me that needs that shove past the 12:00am notch, energy drinks do it for me.

This all sounds great I'm sure, but for me..well..I'm willing to go through some tough sleep deprived times because I really want to graduate this semester and go to my last graduation (probably forever, but who knows), get my fancy hood WOO!, and start summer of right.

So here's a toast to the things that give you a turbo boost to get your "to-do's" done. Wish me luck in the wee hours of the night when there truly aren't very many distractions I can blame my procrastination on besides myself!

Comments

  1. Good to meet you via Jenson;s page.
    Keep posting
    Have a look at my place too
    Keep inform
    Best
    I joined in
    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to drink energy drinks to stay up at night plus listening to upbeat music at the same time. It helped me immensely during my studies. Although it probably took a few years off my life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Busy Grad Student's Update on Life

Serene Saturday

Countdown to End of Line