No Wireless Wednesday

To be honest, I know this is late. I had all intentions of writing yesterday but it just slipped my mind. I was up until 1:30am, and around 12:15am was when I realized it was Thursday already. Now, you must be thinking, just write one quickly and post it asap. Well, the only problem is I have test Thursday (today) and I was just in the groove and not paying attention to the time. I also don't have internet in my apt, it's just not a necessary bill I need right now. Since I spend most of my days on campus where there is ample internet, I really don't have a need for it at home. I just make sure I have the files I need to work on and that usually does it. It helps that I use dropbox, because I'll work on a file through my dropbox folder on my laptop at home, and as long as I bring my laptop to campus (I usually do), it will sync all my folders when I get connected. Then if I ever do work on a school computer, I have all my folders updated in dropbox.

It's actually kind of nice living without internet. There are some drawbacks obviously, but overall it's kind of nice to know that it's just me in my apartment and there isn't anyone through a fiber optic cable waiting to talk to me or bothering me or something. Having a smartphone sort of takes care of checking social networks or any quick searches I might need to do in Google, but really it's probably better since I don't like being on my phone all the time. It cuts back on the "I need an immediate response" impulse, which I've said before I need to work on.

I'm sorry about not posting yesterday, really I am. I assume this means I'm out of the competition although I plan to keep blogging each day the rest of this week regardless. 
This is me sorry for not keeping up with you guys and blogging =( Wish me luck on my test.

Comments

  1. I like the idea of not having internet at home but having a mobile phone defies the objective of being switched off.

    Don't worry about not posting yesterday. The whole thing is supposed to be fun, not an obligation. Don't take it too serious. There are more important things in life such as your test. Best of luck with that ;)

    p.s. love your expression in that photo... LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Busy Grad Student's Update on Life

Serene Saturday

Countdown to End of Line